Monday, October 12, 2009

Scene 1: November 1945

This scene to me was a little bit confusing. Where is Mr. Frank? Who is Miep? Whose white glove is it that Mr. Frank has picked up? How long has it been since the huge war has ended?As I was reading about this scene in the play, it was hard to imagine what it would be like for me to be in Mr. Frank’s position. It is just so sad that he has nothing but himself now. All of his family and friends have died in the holocaust. Also it must be hard for him to have to leave his hometown, which he has lived in for a very long time, (even if it brings back bad memories). But it is nice that he still had Miep Gies. To me it is also very sad when he goes into a flashback and remembers this person who had the white glove. I also liked how it is in a flashback mode, and this is what brings the whole play together. It is a great beginning. Also I enjoyed it when we start to hear Annes voice. It gives us a vibe of what the play will be like. I think reading the play instead of the book will give us a better understaning of the story line. But I am very excited to start reading the rest of the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment